Thursday, November 6, 2008

My thoughts on the election

I have to say I am truly proud of the American people to have made a step like they did. I was really really questioning the mindset and ability to realize things over the last ~ 6 years. On a level like the president of the USA, you need to do the right thing, RIGHT as in right for the world, for the people for society as a whole. I believe "W" really wanted to do that, it is just a fact for me (and yes it is only MY fact) that he was
1) not mentally able to understand the world needs as a whole
2) was mentally not able to at least surround himself with people that have that ability
3) He got un-lucky a few times.

BUT

Please don't tell me it was RIGHT to go into Irak, take that money (or 1/4 of it) and make your country independent of the oil he was so desperate to secure for the US there. We could be there by now.
Please don't tell me it was RIGHT to make Aids help in Africa depending on your faith.
Please don't tell me it was RIGHT to put pressure on the mortgage market to make the "American Dream" (house in the burbs with lawn and white picket fence) a reality for everyone, as in everyone.... eventhough the market was not able to give it to them.
Please don't tell me it was RIGHT to try and make every pension depend on the health of the stock market
Please don't tell me it was RIGHT by pushing back any diplomatic efforts with Korea and Iran and therefore let these situations get almost out of control
Please don't tell me it was RIGHT to be arrogant and proud about being an American. It is plain out luck or good fortune to have been borne in this country and does not entitle you in any way to look down on or be arrogant to anyone on this planet. We are all born equal. An American life is just as terrible to be lost as any other one on this planet.
Please don't tell me it was RIGHT to find legalization loopholes and use brute force methods to get to information from members of "The axis of evil" (called torture). If you look back at history and think and analyze, there are MUCH much better ways to get to information if you really want it. But it does take will, sophistication and the right mindset to get to it. These are much much more effective AND do not defacto now put a world wide legalization on torture for th next at least 50 years.
Please don't tell me it was RIGHT to lift the cover of a CIA agent, just because he disagrees with your shitty policies.

No comments: